When you welcome a child in the name of Jesus
you welcome Jesus himself.
When we minister to children - God is with us.
First Steps offers
children ages 2 and younger a safe and secure environment for quiet play. Located
in Classroom 3
and Play provides an opportunity
for 3-year-olds to make new friends, hear faith-based stories, and learn basic prayers. Located in Classroom 2
Preschool gives children ages
4 and 5 a place to practice prayers together. Each week we share an activity
and Gathering Time based on the Gospel reading. Located in Classroom 1
Do you have items to donate? The Children's Nursery appreciates all donations of non-plush toys, book, or miscellaneous items. We promote faith in the nursery and prefer to use items that help us encourage this.
- All Children’s Nursery early childhood
programs are available during the 10:00 and the 11:45 Sunday Masses.
can be checked in before or during Mass.
- Children's Nursery programs are free, but registration is required.
- The nursery is open year-round except when a major holiday or special occasion falls on a Sunday.
Need more information? Email Anne Strom, Nursery Coordinator, at
- The Children's Nursery is looking for adult and teen volunteers, both men and women. If you love working with children and are interested in helping, please fill out the Volunteer Contact information Form and return it to the church. Volunteer time does qualify for service hours. Adult volunteers are subject to a background check and must take or have taken the Protecting God's Children workshop, as required by the Diocese of Joliet.
- To provide a stable and comfortable environment for the children, it is important to have continuity. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least two Mass times a month, for a minimum of four consecutive months.