We the Seniors of St. Francis of Assisi Parish, have chosen to join together in prayer, service, and joy to offer our talents, time and service to the various members of our faith community
As a group we welcome all Seniors, and we recognize the diversity of our members, and the need for developing community among ourselves and our faith community. We accept the challenge of creating a balance between the spiritual, service and social needs of our membership.
Examples of some of our activities:
- Rosary (May and October)
- Senior Sunday Mass (December)
- Visit St. Therese Shrine in Darien
- Greeters at Parish Funerals and Parish Retreat
- Meals on Wheels
- Collect canned goods and paper products for F.I.S.H. of Bolingbrook
- Adopt a needy family from the Parish at Christmas and supply them with Gifts and Christmas Dinner for the family
- Bake Sale Fundraisers for our project of donating monies for the "Stained Glass Window Fund"
- Anniversary Pizza Party
- Ice Cream Social
- Bunco Party
- Potluck luncheons
- Summertime Picnic
- Plays and outside activities (like Casino Outing)
The most successful part of the "Seniors" is all of the friendships that have been formed. In the process of caring and sharing activities as noted above, we have about 35 members that can meet and greet each other at Mass and other Parish activities, and thereby, feel an integral part of our Parish community.
The Seniors meet the 3rd Friday of each month from 1:00 - 3:00pm. All seniors 50 years young and over are welcomed.