Welcome to St. Francis of Assisi Parish
Thank you for visiting our website, we hope you will find it helpful. Whether you are a regular parishioner or a visitor we want you to know how welcome you are. If you are visiting us from another part of the country, or from another parish in the Joliet diocese, or from another part of the world we want you to know that the priests and people of St. Francis of Assisi welcome you to our parish. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Yours in Christ
14TH ANNUAL FLEA MARKET & CRAFT FAIR
Saturday, May 28, 2016 - Rain or Shine
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
St. Francis of Assisi Church Parking Lot
- Over 75 space available on a "first come, first served" basis.
- Electricity is NOT available
- FREE admission to public
- Refreshments will be sold during the day by sponsors.
If interested in reserving a spot please fill out the form and mail in.
2016-2017 Religious Education Registration
As our Religious Education classes come to an end for the summer, it’s time to plan for a new year. Please read carefully the information on this page and keep it for future reference. Take note of the class schedules.
1. The class schedule options are:
Monday 4:30-5:40pm and 6:15-7:25pm
Tuesday 4:30-5:40pm and 6:15-7:25pm
Wednesday 4:30-5:40pm only
For children who are seven years old or older and have not had any prior religious education and are not baptized, we have a Children’s Christian Initiation class that meets on Wednesday from 6:00pm to 7:00pm. To enroll in this class it must be approved by the Director.
2. A check for half (1/2) of the tuition, book and supply fees, and sacrament fees must
accompany the registration. The basic tuition is $210 per family. The cost for books and
supplies are $40 for one child, $80 for two children, $120 for three children, etc. The
sacrament fee for Reconciliation/First Communion is $35; there is also a $60 fee for
Confirmation, which includes the robe rental, the retreat and other supplies.
3. There are three (3) payment options. Please choose one and note your choice on registration form.
1. Full payment at registration.
2. A monthly payment plan.
3. Manna - which is to be complete by April 2015
4. You will need a Baptismal Certificate for a child making a sacrament, please send for it NOW. You will then be able to enclose it with the sacrament form along with your registration form.
5. If a child has a special health or learning need, please explain on the registration form. This helps us with giving the best instruction in the classroom.
6. We are also including a medical release form for emergencies that might happen during class time. Be aware that we will be making very attempt to contact you during that time.
7. Remember that all previous fees and tuition are to be paid before registration can be processed.
8. The registration forms are found on the parish web site at stfrancisbb.org. Please return the registration by June 5th. Please note that a late fee of $10.00 will be added to the registration, if received after July 17th. Because of the number of students and the resources of the parish anyone who registers late may not be accepted do to limited resources. If a class is filled, you will be assigned to your second or third choice.
Please mail registration back to:
St. Francis of Assisi
Religious Education Office
1501 W. Boughton Rd.
Bolingbrook, IL 60490
At the beginning of August, you will receive a letter via email confirming your registration with the day and time your child/children will be attending class. At the time you will also receive a calendar telling when classes meet or do not meet and any parent meetings you might need to attend for children receiving sacraments. This information can also be view on the church web site (stfrancisbb.org).
Adopt a Religious Education Student
At St. Francis of Assisi no Religious Education student is turned away due to an inability to pay tuition or fees. Unfortunately some families experience unemployment or other problems such as high medical expenses. If you would like to help out you can adopt a Religious Education student and help those in need. If you can help out please put your donation in an envelope and mark it on the outside for Adopt a Religious Education Student Fund. Drop the donation in the Sunday collection or send it to the Religious Education Office. Thank you.
Thank you for your prompt response! Have a safe and happy summer.
Director Faith Formation
St. Francis of Assisi Church
1501 W. Boughton Rd.
Bolingbrook, IL 60490
(630) 759 - 7588 ext. 109
Join us for Vacation Bible School this year July 18th thru July 22nd
Ages Pre-K thru 5th grade
If you would like to volunteer to help with VBS please use the form below. This is a great way to get service hours for Confirmation.
Totus Tuus is a week-long “parish mission” for Catholic youth whereby seminarians and college students proclaim the Gospel and promote the Catholic faith through evangelization, catechesis, apologetics, Christian witness, the sacraments, Marian devotion, Eucharistic worship, and FUN!
Totus Tuus seeks to inspire in young people a true longing for holiness, a deep desire for daily conversion, and openness to their vocation by constantly challenging them to give themselves entirely to Christ through Mary and by continually strengthening their prayer lives in imitation of Her.
Totus Tuus runs July 10th thru July 15th, 2016
GRADE SCHOOL PROGRAM
Students entering Grades 1-6
Monday to Friday, July 11-15, 2016
9:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Daily Mass at 11:15 AM – All are welcome
$25 registration fee per child
Family Rate: $70 for 3 or more grade-school children
JR. HIGH AND HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM
Students entering Grades 7-12
Sunday to Thursday, July 10 – 14, 2016
7:00PM to 9:00PM
$10 registration fee per teen
Tuesday thru Saturday: 7:30 A.M. Mass
Sarament of Reconciliation
Saturday, 4:00 - 4:45 P.M., after weekday Mass, or by appointment.
Saturday, 10:30 AMPre-Baptismal Meeting
Time: Saturday, 10:30 AM
Location: St. Francis Room
A required pre-baptism meeting for all first time baptisms or if it has been more than two years since your previous meeting
Sunday, 1:30 PMBaptism
Time: Sunday, 1:30 PM
No Description Available
Parish Council Minutes
Parish Council Minutes August.pdf
Parish Council Minutes Sept. 2015.pdf
Parish Council Minutes October 2015.pdf
Parish Council Minutes November 2015.pdf
Parish Council Minutes January 2016.pdf
Parish Council Minutes February 2016.pdf
Parish Council Minutes March 2016.pdf